Thursday, January 19, 2006

A Work of Art

Today, I got to be..
An artist.
Upon running out of work (in my department), we were immeadietly shipped back to Domestics. ("Dome" for short) Now, in Dome, they have enough picture frames/luggage sets/ugly household furniture to supply all the third world countries. A coworker and I, were duly put to work on the pottery jars, which stood two feet high (each)and weighed a ton. Each one had to be put in another box(standing 5 feet off the ground, I'm 5'2). Each one, shed a fine layer of brown/red/white/blue sediment over everything in its path. We got filthy, needless to say. For the rest of the day- (5 hours), I only checked my blood sugars at break (0nce)- because I was too filthy to do a fingerstick.I S.W.A.G'd to the extreme, but the break BG was 159. (not bad, in my book.) I drank a regular A&W (root beer) , I thought I was getting diet from the machine-but it was regular. And I wasn't going to waste that .65! It tasted weird, I never drink regular. (Even on lows)
So suppers blood sugar was 309.
Got the weekend off- yay!

No comments: