Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

Ellen
has a particurally thought- provoking post today. Read it, if you haven't already.

In diabetes- its so easy to name off all of the negs.
Here are some of the things that brought me joy today.






















-I GOT MY DSL CONNECTION TO WORK!!! (Three weeks later)



3:3o pm. Yes, I'm back to work. I am glad I can work! (this sounds..stupid, but I'd rather be there then certain other places I've been in in the past two weeks)
I had an interesting low today. Treated it, started acting whacko and my coworker was staring at me, asked if I was bored. I don't bring up diabetes, unless I have to, so I just replied that I was feeling a bit woozy.
"Are you sick? Are you PREGNANT?"
No, no, no...
"How do you know? You could be.Here, have a Tum."
I ate the Tum, hoping it had some carbohydrates in it.
3 hours later, fully recovered. "Are you diabetic?"
Figured she must have seen me checking my blood sugar. "Yes."
Other coworker comes over. "Are you ok?"
"YES."
"You're pale. Are you sure you're ok? Is it your diabetes?"
I get asked if I'm ok, the rest of the afternoon. I'm feeling fine by then, coasting along at 180.
There is justifiable concern- and then there is overkill.
(these weren't coworkers I know very well, obviously. Those know better...)







2 comments:

Erica said...

Hee hee - that's one of my uncle's cartoons! They pop up in the most random of places...

HVS said...

really?
cool...