Monday, March 03, 2008

A "Yes" Moment

"Yesssssssssss!"

I hang up, and start dancing around the house with unbridled joy.(while the cats stare,quickly lose interest, and shuffle off in search of more interesting things to look at(like food) The gastroenterologist has just informed me of the results of the latest test, a gastric
emptying study.

"Normal."

He'd sounded confused, maybe even a bit disappointed with that. Like he was hoping to
read me the riot act(once again) about my blood sugars. This from a doc who asked me if my blood sugar ever goes over 200.
(try daily, at least. Every large meal must have its over 200 zenith before plummeting) I don't think he gets many type 1's in his practice.

As for me, I'm just glad that diabetes hasn't won. No complications for me.(beyond the cataract stuff) And that feels good.

Like I'm standing on the top of Mt. Everest, and diabetes can't touch me.
(blissful naiveté maybe, but wonderful, nonetheless) I'm no closer to finding out whats causing the problems, but at least I know what its not.I guess, if it still won't heal the next step will be to re-investigate a gallbladder connection with an ERCP.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes you just NEED to celebrate the win, even if you don't know what's coming behind it. Glad that at least this one thing turned out terrific! :)