Monday, December 22, 2008

99 Things

99 Things
(stolen from MajorBedhead!)

Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font

1. Started your own blog

2. Slept under the stars. (long, long ago)

3. Played in a band – the clarinetist! Elementary, middle, and high school
4. Visited Hawaii (honeymoon, last year)

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity (unfortunately, yes. I’m the one who could have benefited from charity)
7. Been to Disneyland/world – Disneyworld-twice! (CWD conventions)
8. Climbed a mountain - yes, many, but the hardest one ever was one pre-diagnosis when I drank everyone else’s water I was so thirsty.

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo (in the shower) (yeah, of course)
11. Bungee jumped – nope but I want to!

12. Visited Paris (but I want to!)

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. I incorporate my own ideas/with that of the experts to make my own unique oddities.

15. Adopted a child.(perhaps someday…)

16. Had food poisoning. (heck, yes, two years ago Red Lobster leftovers put me in the hospital for two days)

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (actually-I'd rather take the elevator!)

18. Grown your own vegetables. (I was a farm girl…we grew everything! And canned everything)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20. Slept on an overnight train. (no desire to do so, sounds uncomfortable)
21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked.

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (how else do you get to an endo. appt?when technically, you’re not “ill”…)
24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb.

26. Gone Skinny Dipping. (NOPE)

27. Run a Marathon- I’m doing good just to navigate three flights of stairs.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise – right up my alley! But not yet

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – no

35. Seen an Amish community –no, but plenty of Old Order buggy-driving Mennonites.

36. Taught yourself a new language. Spanish

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (not sure that’s possible!Even billionaires aren't happy, money does not satisfy)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.

46. Been transported in an ambulance – Multiple times. And I’ve done the transporting.

47. Had your portrait painted. (I could have my dad do it, but I don't think posterity needs to be reminded that I ever existed)

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud (doesn’t every kid?)

54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (they do still exist…must find one)

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason

64. Donated blood (42x, before my body started falling apart)

65. Gone skydiving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check(s,s,s,s)(I am not proud of this)

68. Flown in a helicopter

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar (Eww)

72. Pieced a quilt (my grandmother made one with me + I treasure it)

73. Stood in Times Square (want to, so bad!!! maybe one New Year's Eve)

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London

77. Broken a bone – kneecap, finger, toe

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

80. Published a book

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car. (if we had tons of money and could afford it)

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper.

85. Read the entire Bible.

86. Visited the White House (no, but I’ve been on Air Force One!)

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (fish, turkey, chickens)

88. Had chickenpox. (and Shingles)

89. Saved someone’s life.

90. Sat on a jury

91. Met someone famous.

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one.

94. Had a baby

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (I hear its nasty)

97. Been involved in a law suit (with my recent luck on Ebay, its probably a'comin)

98. Owned a cell phone.

99. Been stung by a bee

No comments: