Saturday, April 09, 2011

Thoughts from the Second Week

1. Sleep? What's that?

2. See above.

3. See above.

4. I need to grow longer fingernails...there is no other way of getting into some medication packets.

5. I caught a medication error this week,& felt really good about it. I guess I wasn't that surprised that in the 4 proceeding months,no one else had.As nursing homes go,this one is ok but of course none of them are going to question the all-knowing pharmacy's RX's.I don't have a very high opinion of nursing homes' care.(in general,if you know of a great one,I will stand corrected) And it is better for the patient that is was caught,but in the grand scheme of the Universe when one has many,many other medical issues I'm not sure how much good it actually ends up doing.

6. Sometimes I need to keep my mouth shut...no one gives two cents about the nursing student's needs. I was under the impression that they did,but administrative policy trumps all.Reality is the bitterest of pills to swallow.
7. Weekends without looming tests are a good thing.And as I've been a test every Monday since Feb(barring the Spring Break) it feels indescribably wonderful NOT to have to study/cram this weekend.I'm still upset about this week anyway.

8. Starbucks is essential for those incredibly early morning risings.

9. There's no way I'll be able to get off an hour early for my would-be Endo appt. next week,you have to be dead.(dying doesn't cut it,according to my clinical instructor) Which is stupid,because all we do that time of day is sit around,talk,& write care plans. I will have to reschedule for July,my Endo will be upset, & I'm already there X 1,000,000.

10. Is it May yet? I need to get out of this semester.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: