Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Toddler Years

Babies are like potato chips.



It's hard to stop at just 1. My baby just had his first birthday recently...and hugely enjoyed smearing his cake all over himself,& me. Babies are sweet,sweet,sweet & after some time has passed..& they grow older, you start to get all nostalgic about the all too fleeting days of babyhood & you want that back. You've pretty much blocked out the hell that a diabetic pregnancy entails.(& plus,my kid has slept through the night since 3 months old..he's a good baby) Plus,you make rationalizing arguments that the kid needs a sibling,& we need a mini-van anyway... darn you,biological clock,do you not know that diabetes & pregnancy is not a friendly combination? The average number of kids for women with D is 2.4, I think I read somewhere. And each pregnancy is like a Kate Middleton-sized event...highly scrutinized by at least a dozen people.

No, we are not planning on having another one anytime soon. But time is blurring the line "never again!" to "maybe again."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

He is such a cutie!

I can only imagine the decision is a hard one. Keep us posted, as you see fit. :-)