Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 3: Cleaning House




Yesterday we kept stuff in, so today let's clear stuff out.  What is in your diabetic closet that needs to be cleaned out?  This can be an actual physical belonging, or it can be something you're mentally or emotionally hanging on to.  Why are you keeping it and why do you need to get rid of it?
(Clean up,clean up,everybody everywhere
Clean up,clean up,everybody do your share.- Favorite of pre-K teachers everywhere)
  Oh, how I'd love to clean house on all my diabetes junk.



Bin after bin after bin of stuff accumulated from my 'betes life. I try to organize occasionally and find a home for it if I can't use it myself since it does go into a state of entropy fairly quickly. However,due to the lovely insurance companies screwup you will occasionally still find yourself with about a thousand backup syringes and ONE PUMP SET left due to stupid Edgepark just ignoring your refill order for 17 days,necessitating a panicked call for more. That seems to be part of the mental "joy" that diabetes brings,and as much as I'm ready to ship every piece o'D crap to the incinerator,getting rid of that mental burden would be a greater joy. 

It's there. It's there all the time,and I think that it would be so awesome to clean house both physically and mentally of it all.




No comments: