Friday, May 15, 2015

Day 5: A Day in the Life of my Food Choices




Today’s topic is Foods on Friday.  Taking a cue from Adam Brown's recent post, write a post documenting what you eat in a day!  Feel free to add links to recommended recipes/shops/whatever.  Make it an ideal day or a come-as-you-are day – no judgments either way.  (Thank you, Katy of  Bigfoot Child Have Diabetes for this topic.)


Welcome. You have now entered the No Judgement Zone.(aka it's so good to be with friends,although if you are a telemarketer intent on immeadietly sending me a email of the latest super food product please don't. I don't really need it. Also I hope this post makes you feel better about your own food choices because we have all been there & some of us stay there.)

Breakfast:

Usually 2 packs of this,with milk. Sometimes a muffin,or two cereal bars. Sometimes 2 waffles with SF syrup.
Sometimes a couple eggs(hard boiled or fried)
Diet Coke #1 of the day. 

Lunch: Diet Coke #2
   Cheese and lunch meat sandwich.
   Some sort of chip/salsa/dip combo.
   Sometimes a banana and yogurt.
   Sometimes  leftovers.

Snack: whatever I'm in the mood for,
Chips/lunch meat/cheese/pickle/chocolate/nutritional bar. Diet Coke #3. Water. Juice if low.

Supper: some sort of veggie
             (Cooked or salad)
            Some sort of meat
              (Seafood,ground beef,etc.)
            Frequently pasta
               (I don't rise like I do on
                  Pizza or rice.)
             Caffeine free tea or water.

Dessert(ice cream) if we're in the mood. I don't have a very exciting diet and I know I don't eat enough fruits and veggies so I will try to get those super-packed veggie juices to supplement. (along with probiotics and multivitamins)I like most veggies,but I rarely eat fruit.(with the exception of bananas) Summer time I definetly get more nutritional foods in.

Late Late TV Snack: CVS nuts..wasabi and Buffalo Ranch Almonds being the absolute bomb. I also like sunflower seeds,peanuts,& popcorn although if I'm low some candy is liable to enter the picture. The lower the carb,the less chance I'll wake up 300.
           


4 comments:

katy said...

Mmm I'll look for those nuts at our CVS.

Laddie said...

I am not very good at being a perfect low carb eater. But that is my aim. The thing I absolutely miss the most is oatmeal. When I used to do an aerobics class after breakfast, I could get by eating it. But lately I have totally avoided it partially because I always cooked it in milk which upped the carb count significantly.

Sometimes I wonder whether I am healthier on my current diet than when I ate more varied, but carby foods. Sounds like you're doing great.

Scully said...

I'm still not used to the idea of pop in the morning. It's mostly an American thing and I find it curious.

Pasta also doesn't do horrible things to my blood sugar but neither does rice. I think it's probably just because I eat such small servings of it.

You should have a fruit smoothie! satisfies the sweet tooth at the same time as the nutrition.

Kelley said...

I love the you included Diet Cokes #1 and 2. I usually have 2 as well but I left them off my blog post, oops haha :)