Sunday, August 16, 2015

Wondering "if"






 My head knows it's impossible..but on days like today and yesterday,my heart whispers "what if? What if you weren't type 1? What if pills were a possibility? What if everything you ever thought you knew about diabetes control is just another option?"

I ate 200 carbs yesterday. 150 today. My sensitivity is through the roof.(Mostly that is because I was doing a grueling flea market prep,actual 7 hrs at flea market,& then carting the remainder home.) Hot weather,& exercise have serous effects on my bg. 14 units as a TDD is hardly a cure,but it is 10 fewer units then I'd normally need for such a day. It's not the first time I've needed much less insulin,I have these times when it's actually under 10 units. I think that if I tried something like Invokana,I'd be even more sensitive to insulin.(I'd consider that as a good thing..the more sensitive you are,the less you need,& the less you have to worry about extreme hypoglycemia.) As someone who had one such unpleasant event last month,and who barely avoided the ER I am a fan of the less IOB,the better. 6 units on board when you are as sensitive as I am is not a good scenario.(Never "double correct" for a 340. It was scary,as I couldn't eat enough to stop the drop.) I really want to discuss starting Invokana with my Endo.(Along with glucagon scenario plans. Mini Dosing in adults doesn't do enough. )

Bottom line is,I want my D to become more easily controlled..it's not that I consider insulin to be evil. It isn't.(you need what you need) Low carb does that but I love my carbs,and would have no energy on such a diet. Yeah,I do eat low carb some meals but I balance it out with the others.
 
Bottom line is..your diabetes may vary. And you need to find the best option for you.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.
Invokana attorney

Unknown said...

Whats worse? Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes?
Diabetic Toes Test Pin